Polenta Parmesan and Rocket Flan with Roasted Beetroot Feta and Sweet Potato Topping
This is a colourful and rich vegetarian dish that can be served cold cut in squares as finger food or hot from the oven with the green olive aioli Smoked trout could be added as a garnish after baking.
1 cup of polenta
½ cup grated mozzarella
½ Cup grated parmesan
Large handful rocket
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 large Sweet potato cut into chunks and roasted
1 beetroot (wrapped in foil and roasted for 1 hr 180°C until tender then chop into chunks)
125g fetta cheese
Extra mozzarella and parmesan
Green olive aioli
1 Cup chopped green olives
Handful flat leafed parsley
1Tablespoon chopped chives
½ cup good mayonnaise (Best S&W)
Lemon juice and rind
METHOD Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Bring milk and stock to the boil in a large saucepan, gradually add polenta and stir over a low heat until polenta is thick and leaves the sides of the saucepan.
- Add cheese and rocket and combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into to flan dish or oven proof dish then scatter over roasted vegetables and fetta cheese with extra mozzarella and parmesan. Spray or drizzle a little oil over.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and flan is firm to touch
- For Olive aioli. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well, seasoning to taste. Store in an airtight container.
Prepare sweet potatoes and beetroot as per recipe.
- Place milk and stock in to TM bowl and cook for 12 minutes at 100°C speed 1.
- Add polenta to bowl and cook 10 – 15 minutes (instant or 30 minutes for cornmeal)
- Polenta is cooked when it coats the back of a spoon thickly
- Add cheese and rocket combine for a minute speed one.
- Pour into a flan and proceed as per recipe no. 3
Chop lemon rind speed 8 for 5 seconds then add whole olives, and herbs and chop speed 5, 4 seconds, add ½ cup TM Mayonaisse (pg 35 E.D.C) mix speed 4, 5 seconds