Quinoa Crust Autumn Vegetable Pie
This is a great way of enjoying the texture of pastry with out the butter and flour. Use vegetables such as sweet potato, zuccini and eggplant also.
2 Cups cooked quinoa ( ¾ cup dried simmered with 1 ½ cup stock for 12 mins or until water has been absorbed then stand with lid on for 10 mins – fluff up with fork)
Sea salt and pepper to season
1 bulb of fennel roasted ( wrap in foil and roast for 1 hour or until soft)
500g Pumpkin chopped into large chunks
1 red capsicum roasted ( roast in oven for 45 mins or until skin blackens, place in freezer bag and peel off skin when cool)
2 zucchinis chopped into large chunks
Pre heat oven to 200°C
1. Place pumpkin and zucchini on a lined baking tray, spray with oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender approx 30 mins.
2. Chop roasted fennel roughly. deseed and peel capsicum then chop
3. For quinoa crust, combine cooked quinoa and eggwhite in a bowl and season with seasalt and pepper.
4. Press into a 20cm greased tart shell with the back of a spoon or your fist.
5. Reduce the oven temp to 160°C and bake the shell for 30 mins.
6. Remove from oven and fill with roasted pumpkin, zucchini, fennel and capsicum.
7. Scatter over fetta and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
8. Serve with thick Greek yoghurt if desired.