The catering service provides expert menu advice and event planning to take the worry out of ensuring your function runs smoothly.
Food by "whip it up' is interesting and innovative.
The emphasis being on food that is exquisite in taste from the quality ingredients used in producing amazing 'wow factor’ canapés and other dishes. It is also presented with care and artistry.
'Whip it up' staff are trained and competent in food and alcohol service and delivery. They conduct themselves with absolute professionalism at all times and will endeavour to meet any special needs or requirements of guests at any event.
Listed below is a selection of canapés suitable for a stand up finger food function:
- Freshly shucked oysters with salmon pearls
- Fresh king prawns served with a dill and caper aioli
- Tuna sashimi marinaded in sweet soy and sesame and served on spoons
- Duck, lychee and coriander salad served on spoons, bowls, or in bamboo boats
- Fig prosciutto and gorgonzola Tarts
- Rice paper rolls served with chicken, duck or prawns amongst crisp salad vegetables accompanied with a kaffir lime and coriander chilli jam
- Mini bagels filled with smoked trout capers and shaved cucumber
- Soft Japanese pancakes with prawns and bean shoots topped with Japanese mayonnaise and tobiko
- Mini baguettes filled with creamy chicken pine nut and celery combination
- Tart shells filled with roasted sweet potato and beetroot with Persian fetta and a sumac sprinkle
- Pumpernickel rounds topped with creamy gorgonzola and walnut praline
- Roast root vegetable frittata topped with smoked trout and dill or smoked chicken
- Cucumber rounds topped with king prawns and salmon roe with a shredded omelette and nori
- Skewers of spiced pumpkin and haloumi cheese served with a lemon and parsley salsa verde. (can also be served warm)
- Vietnamese pork and prawn skewers served with a sweet nuoc nam
- Soft Peking duck pancakes served warm with plum sauce
- Spicy Thai fish cakes served with a roasted capsicum chilli jam
- Salmon marinaded in honey and miso and served on spoons
- Mini chicken burgers with lettuce cucumber and roasted caramalized onion aioli
- Haloumi and pea pakoras served with homemade tzatziki
- Eye fillet mignon skewers served with a horseradish and celeriac remoulade
- King prawns skewered and marinaded in ginger, kaffir lime, chilli and lemongrass
- King prawns wrapped in golden ketaifi (shredded greek) pastry
- Haloumi cheese cubes wrapped in ketaifi pastry and served with a ginger and lime chilli jam
- Golden chicken katsu. Japanese style crumbed and fried chicken served with a sweet sticky sauce.
- Mini bite sized chicken parmagiana served topped with roasted tomato sauce and melted cheese
- Golden pumpkin and spinach arancicni served with a classic homemade tomato sugo
- Handmade felafel balls served with minted hommus a cucumber wedges
- Filo pastry cigars of salmon, asparagus and dill with a creamy pesto
- Mini gourmet pizza topped with chorizo, red onion, rocket, red capsicum and cheese
- Mini pizza topped with roasted pumpkin, proscuittto, pine nuts and mozzarella
- Gourmet mini wagyu beef and hoisin pies served with a roasted tomato chutney
- Mini pies of scallop , dill and white wine sauce
- Zucchini and smoked salmon fritters with shaving s of angel hair parmesan
- Corn and crab and mint fritters with a lemon paprika mayonnaise
- Potato and spring onion blini topped with roasted eye fillet and a horseradish remoulade.
- Mini Nan breads topped with Tandoori chicken and tzatziki
- Roasted pumpkin gnocchi with a burnt butter sauce of leek, zucchini and basil with pine nuts and bacon
- Chicken tagine of dates and almonds served on a minted couscous
- Beef and burgundy served o a creamy mash
- Roast duck served with a sweet and sour rhubarb sauce on noodles
- Mini pavlova served with lemon curd
- Chocolate profiteroles filled with custard
- Lemon tarts served with berries and white chocolate
- Baby ice cream cones
- Mini chocolate cakes
Fresh fruit and/or cheese platters with dried fruit and nuts and lavosh
As a guide to quantity required and number or items per person:
Allow 6 items for the first 2 hours and then 2 items for every other hour. i.e. for a 4 hour function allow 8 items per person and 10 for a 5 hour function. This would offer enough for dinner commencing before 8pm.
- Approximate cost for 10 items would be $35- $40/ head
- Bowl food is slightly more expensive $6.00 approx per item
- Staff are not included in the food cost.